Tuesday 20 March 2012

Update/ Sketchbook

For college our brief is based on design development and I will post images of my sketchbook to show how i have developed my designs.

I haven't updated in a while because my laptop has seriously crashed!

For my final garment I have researched into Egyptain culture and the mexican celebration The Day of the Dead which both have interesting aspects. Egyptainology has influenced me with the the heiroglpyhs and symbols which hold mystery and intricate shapes. With the day of the dead, the colours are very vibrant which is ironic when they are celebrating death. The shapes and patterns are also very fussy ad ornate which I fell in love and I was also inspired by the skeleton and bone structure.

Here are a few images that I am inspired by:

1 comment:

Jess said...

i always think day of the dead looks AMAZING, i want to celebrate it in Mexico one day! xx