Thursday 7 February 2013

David Downton


For the above illustration, I was inspired by the work of David Downton, particularly his attention to proportion and detail in shading. I love his use of minimal line and how he shades with ink. I found experimenting with his work more enjoyable than all the other illustrators, although working with ink was a challenge at first! My style is reflected in the illustration in the doll-like features and detail in the hair. Out of all the illustrators I have researched, David Downton's work fits closest and relates most, to my preferred style of drawing.

Downton's target market is Couture, which is high end and luxurious, whereas my target market is Visionary, which can be more edgy, outside the box, for more individual customers that enjoy wearing 'unique' garments.

No comments: