Tuesday 24 April 2012

College/Fashion Illustrators

I came across this illustrator recently, briefly heard of her work from such magazines like Vogue, and instantly fell for the eccentric British style the illustrations show.


Daisy De Villeneuve

London born illustrator, designer and writer Daisy de Villeneuve has an eccentric style with her funky felt-tip illustrations that has fascinated clients such as Topshop, Vogue, Nike and Random house. Similar to Gruau she uses minimal line and bold colours to achieve a signature individual look. The figures form a fresh, young and ironic British flair displaying the peculiar style with bold colours in the hair and clothing. Villeneuve’s work has inspired high street stores with collaborating with her artwork for packaging for a promotional and attracting look. The lines are not as precise with proportions as Gruau but have a messy tendency that shows originality.
What I find interesting about her work is that I similarly use this sense of style with the quirkiness and individuality. I like people to identify my work with the look of unusual and flamboyancy and I will try and use felt tips in my work for colour and detail.





1 comment:

Cherry said...

I like the quote *the best way to get over a man is to get under another* somehow i can relate..hahha
love ur blog! <3

xoxo
http://weirdandwicked.blogspot.com/